Springboard Atlantic


Lost your password?

NBIF Innovation Voucher

The NBIF Innovation Voucher Fund encourages collaboration and partnerships between small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and research organizations. The Fund aims to accelerate innovation within SMEs by leveraging the talent, capacity, and infrastructure of New Brunswick research institutions. The ultimate goal is to apply innovation in a way that improves the profitability and the competitiveness of SMEs in New Brunswick.

Projects may range in size from $10,000 to $100,000. NBIF will fund 80% of the total project costs, up to a maximum of $80,000 per project. The company will be required to fund the remaining 20%. This web site only highlights the fund. Please refer to the NBIF Innovation Voucher Guidelines for a complete explanation, including terms and conditions. NBIF will assist in determining the right research organization or professional for your project.

Innovation vouchers can be used for one or all of the following:

Concept Validation
Concept validation can include a variety of activities such as applied research, laboratory experimentation, bench testing and evaluation. At the most basic level, it is figuring out whether or not the proposition will work as it is proposed, before it is further developed.

Dr. Felipe Chibante has participated in concept validation activities for two NBIF portfolio companies, Atlantic Hydrogen and Smart Skin.

Development can include activities such as industrial/process engineering services, prototype development and scientific or technology-related advice and support. This is the point at which the first running prototype of your product or process is crafted and demonstrated.

LaForge Bioenvironmental collaborated with Kevin Shiell at the Centre for Excellence in Agricultural and Biosciences at CCNB Grand Falls to develop a novel, full scale bio-gas capturing and power generation facility.

Innovation vouchers can also be used for the testing and evaluation of existing innovations, or for those activities described above. It can also be used to test, evaluate and report to specific governing bodies for certification.

Dr John Spray tests and evaluates advanced materials that can experience tremendous impact damage. Some of his current collaborations include Dew Engineering of Miramichi, Bombardier Aerospace, and Pratt & Whitney.